The new board members are:
- François Guibert, Executive Vice-President, President, Greater China and South Asia Region, STMicroelectronics (Chairman)
- Donald Kanak, Chairman, Prudential Corporation Asia (MNC Representative & Vice Chairman)
- Theodoor Bakker, Partner, ABNR Law, Indonesia; Executive Board Member, European Chamber of Commerce, Indonesia (Chamber Representative & Vice Chairman)
- Martin Hayes, President, Robert Bosch SEA (MNC Representative & Treasurer), and
- Jan B. Djerf, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Handelsbanken; Head of South Asia Pacific, President, European Chamber of Commerce (Singapore) (Chamber Representative & Secretary)
Activities for the rest of 2015 and beyond were discussed, including the publication of two position papers on market access and the automotive industry, a business delegation to Brussels in the autumn to engage directly with the European Commission and European Parliament on ASEAN-EU trade relations, and the culmination of a new survey on European business sentiment in ASEAN.
The EU-ABC’s flagship conference, the ASEAN-EU Business Summit, will be taking place in Kuala Lumpur on 23 August. Confirmed speakers include Malaysian Minister of Trade and Industry HE Dato’ Sri Mustapa Bin Mohamed and ASEAN Business Advisory Council Chairman Tan Sri Dato’ Dr Mohd Munir Bin Abdul Majid.