- OpenTouch Suite for SMB delivers new voice communications capabilities that promote collaboration, efficiency, and productivity
- New DECT phones help keep people connected even in the most adverse environments
- New integrated solution helps improve staff productivity and reduce costs, while delivering an enhanced guest and user experience
ALE, operating under the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise brand, is helping small and medium businesses to offer employees a simplified user experience and improved onsite mobility, while creating business continuity with its latest update of Alcatel-Lucent OpenTouch Suite for SMB.
The latest enhancements to OpenTouch Suite for SMB promote increased productivity and efficiency via expanded communication and collaborative tools, and help employees access the company environment anytime, anywhere via mobile applications.
The core of the OpenTouch Suite for SMB is the Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Office RCE release 10.3 converged communication server, which has the following new capabilities:
- The 8018 DeskPhone provides a high-end business-grade feel and design at an affordable cost, with advanced user-friendly telephony features and a full-duplex speakerphone.
- Office employees can transfer calls seamlessly between smartphones and deskphones using near field communications (NFC) technology.
- The IP Softphone is now available for Android tablets and smartphones, enabling enterprises to deploy a consistent softphone platform across all major business systems and devices.
Enhanced onsite mobility
- The entry-level 8212 DECT handset offers SMBs a competitively-priced, cordless, compact, modern design phone with support of both IP and TDM.
- The industrial grade 8262 DECT handset with a ruggedised body and shock-proof screen is ideal for harsh environments, such as construction, manufacturing, and the oil and gas industry. It also offers an integrated man-down, no movement, pull cord and emergency capabilities, so employees stay connected with the rest of the organisation even in a physically adverse work environment.
- Call history is now available and accessible anytime on the DECT handsets.
- Support of SIP trunking adds cost benefits.
- Security updates minimise vulnerabilities and maximise uptime.
- Maintains evolving market standards for Request for Comments (RFC) parameters to assure compliance and interoperability.