Wireshark sees more than 500,000 downloads per month. A Facebook page lists more than 13,000 likes. Created by Gerald Combs under the original name Ethereal, Wireshark is maintained today by a dedicated group of core developers and sponsored by Riverbed through its 2010 acquisition of CACE Technologies. As the sponsor, Riverbed is committed to maintaining the strong, independent, community-driven nature of Wireshark.
Guests are welcome to attend a presentation in one of six time zones over the course of three days. Registration is available here. Dates and times for the sessions in Asia Pacific and the Middle East are:
- February 26, 10:00 a.m. in Dubai (GST)
- February 28, 10:00 a.m. in Singapore (SGT)
- February 28, 10:00 a.m. in Sydney (AEDT)
Topics to be covered during the one-hour live sessions include:
· How to use Wireshark to quickly detect network and application delays and errors
· How to customise Wireshark for faster problem identification
· Identifying network problems
The Virtual World Tour coincides with the release of Laura Chappell’s newest book in the Wireshark Solution Series, Troubleshooting with Wireshark: Locate the Source of Performance Problems. This new 408-page book provides instruction on how to use Wireshark to identify the key causes of poor network performance, is now available in paperback and Kindle format.