Asian business schools might be missing out on the online MBA opportunity. FT.com's inaugural Online MBA Rankings 2014, released in March, has no Asian business schools at all in their list of 15.
The region fares better with conventional MBAs. The Global MBA Rankings 2014 from FT.com, released in January 2014, has a sprinkling of Asian schools in the top 50. While Harvard, Stanford and the London Business School make up the top three as expected, INSEAD, which has campuses in France and Singapore, is ranked no. 5.
Both the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) Business School and China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) in Shanghai are ranked in the top 20, at no. 14 and no. 17 respectively.
The University of Hong Kong Business School is at no. 29, the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad close at no. 30, followed by the National University of Singapore Business School at no. 32, and the Indian School of Business in Hyderabad at no. 36. Singapore's Nanyang Business School is at no. 38, and Korea's Sungkyunkwan University Graduate School of Business is at no. 45.
The top-ranked school in the UAE is represented by Hult International Business School, which has campuses in UAE as well as China, the US and the UK. It is ranked no. 61, while Australia's top business school, at no. 62, is the University of New South Wales' Australian Graduate School of Management.
2014 rank (2013 rank) - annual salary in US$, rounded to nearest thousand
1. (1) Harvard - 176,000
2. (2) Stanford - 182,000
3. (4) London Business
School - 156,000
5. (6) INSEAD - 148,000
14. (8) HKUST Business School - 125,000
17. (15) CEIBS - 128,000
29. (31) The University of Hong Kong - 112,000
30. (26) Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad - 155,000
32. (36) National University of Singapore Business School - 92,000
36. (34) Indian School of Business - 116,000
38. (32) Nanyang Business School - 95,000
45. (51) Sungkyunkwan University GSB - 111,000
- Top 50 -
57. (66) Peking University (Guanghua School of Management) - 83,000
61. (57) Hult
International Business School - 105,000
62. (48) Australian Graduate School of
Management - 109,000
68. (61) Melbourne Business School - 101,000
68. (unplaced) Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore - 125,000
77. (unplaced) Shanghai Jiaotong University (Antai College of Economics & Management) - 85,000
83. (89) Fudan University School of Management - 76,000
The detailed Global MBA Rankings 2014 can be viewed here and the detailed Online MBA Rankings 2014 here.