|Source: Plantronics. The Plantronics Voyager 5200.|
The Voyager 5200 UC features WindSmart technology, a Plantronics innovation that incorporates six layers of technology to detect noise caused by wind and respond accordingly. WindSmart technology combats background noises such as weather, traffic and surrounding conversations so calls come through clearly. The headset also features up to seven hours of talk time on a single charge, HD Voice support over wideband networks, and a design that blends style with all-day comfort.
"Today's workforce is constantly on the move, which means unified communications is really happening from a variety of locations, not just from a desk in an office," said Rich Costello, Senior Research Analyst, IDC. "The Plantronics Voyager 5200 UC is ideal for this mobile user and delivers some terrific audio innovation, most particularly WindSmart technology, that ensures people can make calls from the noisiest environments and still sound professional and be productive even on the go."
Voyager 5200 UC includes the BT600 Class 1 USB Bluetooth adapter and a
portable charging case* with integrated docking stand which serves as both a protective and charging case that provides up to 14 hours of additional talk time on the go, and a grab-and-go dock for recharging the headset.
* Four adaptive microphones and proprietary digital signal processing (DSP) work together to reduce
disruptive background noise.
* Multifunction button mutes calls and provides access to Siri and other smartphone virtual personal assistants handsfree when the headset is idle.
* Work across smartphones, laptops, tablets, and Bluetooth-enabled desk phones from up to 30m away.
* Smart sensor technology intuitively routes call audio to your phone or headset, pauses media or rejects an incoming call when removed, and automatically answers calls as you place the headset on your ear.
* Spill, splash, and sweat-proof P2i nano-coating.
* Mute assurance alerts users if they talk when muted, with visual mute indictors shown on both the BT600 USB Bluetooth adapter and desktop screen.
* Manage settings, wirelessly update firmware and activate Find
MyHeadset to locate a misplaced headset with the Plantronics Hub
smartphone app for iOS and Android.
* Use Plantronics Hub desktop software to enable softphone call control
across a wide range of UC applications, to view headset battery metre,
change languages, update firmware, or personalise settings and alerts.
With Plantronics Manager Pro, an additional service, IT can remotely
monitor, manage, and maintain Voyager 5200 UC headsets as well as other headsets from Plantronics company-wide. By using Plantronics Manager Pro, IT can configure the user experience, manage firmware deployments and use predictive analytics to detect compatibility issues
before they are noticed.
The Plantronics Voyager 5200 UC with charging case and BT600 USB Bluetooth adapter is available from authorised Plantronics resellers starting at a MSRP of S$339. The Plantronics Voyager 5200 is also available starting at a MSRP of S$199, and the accompanying charging case is available for S$69.
*Available with selected models.
posted from Bloggeroid