Today, over 70% of Asian employees work from more than one location1. This is expected to increase with Millennials and Generation Z making up the majority of the workforce by 2020. Millennials and Gen Z employees expect more from the technology devices they use and place more value on unique work experiences such as flexible work arrangements. In CBRE Research’s survey of Asia-Pacific Millennials2, over 60% indicated workplace flexibility and mobility as a big influencer in job selection.
“To motivate employees and attract new talent, businesses need to adapt to the new ways employees prefer to work as well as provide them the autonomy to take control of their work experiences,” said Vinay Awasthi, VP of Commercial Computing, HP Asia-Pacific & Japan. “Technology is a key enabler in building a smart and safe work environment. HP provides technology that is innovative, manageable, and secure for employees to engage more closely and fluidly but puts IT at ease.”
HP pairs stylish design with the latest security and collaboration features in its commercial devices to help businesses make gradual improvements to their workspaces and technology infrastructure. The new HP devices make collaboration, content creation, consumption and exchange of ideas, whether virtually or face-to-face, more efficient but still secure. These include:
|Lionel Ch'ng, MD, HP Inc. Singapore.|
• HP Pro x2 612 G2 – this versatile 2-in-1 detachable allows for agile work anywhere in verticals such as field services, government, healthcare, and retail with up to 11 hours battery life7. The device was built from the ground up for secure work environments and includes a built-in smart card reader, a removable SSD, and the HP Client Security Suite Gen38. It features a removable back cover for easy serviceability.
• HP Z2 Mini Workstation – the world’s first mini workstation9 delivers server grade power but in a compact package 2.3” high and 90% smaller than a traditional business-class tower10. Twice as powerful as any commercial mini PC on the market today11, it is able to handle CAD users’ demand for fast creation and increasingly complex projects to bring creative visions to life.
• HP mt43 Mobile Thin Client – Mobile cloud computing is easier and more convenient than ever with HP’s thinnest and lightest mobile thin client. The multiple security features, easy-to-use setup and deployment software, and quick access to shared data that employees require make management of this device a breeze for IT managers.
• EliteOne 800 G3 All-in-One (AiO) – the newly redesigned AiO is the first commercial AiO with dual-facing cameras12, and non-glare touch screen13. With the designer looks for open floor plans and reception areas, it also allows desks to be clutter-free for conducive discussions.
• HP Elite x3 Mobile Scanning Solution - This extends the benefits of the HP Elite x3 3-in-1 mobile device beyond the mobile professional to mobilise vertical workflows for healthcare, field and retail workers. The integrated barcode scanner can be used to check prices, access inventory and customer relationship management (CRM) information on the go and then seamlessly transition to the back-office with the ability to dock and connect to a display, mouse, and keyboard for a full PC experience14.
• HP Elite Slice – An alternative to traditional desktop PC designs, this makes interactive meeting spaces a reality. The clean modular design has no messy cables, and a small footprint for ultimate configurability. The addition of the Collaboration Cover, Audio Module and Intel Unite software transforms the HP Elite Slice into a complete conferencing solution for meeting rooms.
To free IT from the burden of managing IT lifecycles to focus on innovation for the Office of the Future, HP offers the Device-as-a-Service programme which makes it simple for businesses to acquire, deploy, manage, and refresh their PC technologies. Customers pay one price per seat on a monthly basis over a three or four year period without any upfront costs. They also get customised services and support from HP, such as PC configuration and installation, onsite break-fix, data migration, proactive support, while having the ability to refresh to the latest HP technology for subsequent contract periods.
HP has enhanced its support services with Proactive Intelligence, part of HP’s suite of tools to optimise device manageability, maintain security and minimise downtime. Proactive Intelligence comprises proactive and predictive technical support including a consolidated dashboard. This dashboard provides analytical insight into the customer’s device inventory, location and condition to detect problems even before they occur.
1 Steelcase Global Report - Engagement & the Global Workplace
2 CBRE Research, Asia Pacific Millennials: Shaping the Future of Real Estate Report
3 Based on competitors as of December 1 2016 with >1 million units annually of convertible, non-detachables having a Windows Pro OS and 6th or 7th generation Intel vPro-enabled processors
4 Based on competitors as of December 1 2016 with >1 million units annually of convertible, non-detachables
5 Windows 10/MobileMark 2014 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details
6 HP Sure Start Gen3 is available on HP Elite products equipped with Intel 7th generation (gen) processors
7 Windows 10/MobileMark 2014 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details
8 HP Client Security Suite Gen3 helps keep your data out of reach and defends against theft, attacks and unauthorised users, with features like HP Multi-Factor Authenticate, HP Device Access Manager, HP SpareKey, and HP Password Manager. HP Client Security Suite requires Windows and Intel or AMD 7th Gen processors
9 Based on publicly available information of workstation competitors as of October 3, 2016 with volume of at least 1 million units annually and having < 3 litres volume, professional graphics, Intel Xeon quad core processor, independent software vendor (ISV) certified applications, error correcting code (ECC) memory.
10 Based on business-class towers with >1 million units annually as of October 3, 2016 with performance measured by processor clock speed and ViewPerf12 rating, having 4th or 6th Gen Intel processors or AMD Pro processors, integrated VESA mount, VGA, six USB Ports, Windows Pro OS and Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
11 Based on Ultra Small Desktop category of vendors shipping >1 million units annually as of October 3, 2016 based on watts, with 4th or 6th Gen Intel processors or AMD Pro processors, integrated VESA mount, VGA, six USB Ports, Windows Pro OS and TPM
12 Based on All in One PCs of vendors with >1 million unit annual PC sales with Windows Pro OS and dual facing cameras as of January 11, 2017
13 Based on All in One PCs of vendors with >1 million unit annual PC sales with Windows Pro OS and non-glare touchscreen as of January 11, 2017
14 All peripherals sold separately