|Source: Criteo Mobile Flash Report.|
- Mobile delivers higher click-through rates (CTRs) than PCs across most industry verticals.
- Android tablets and smartphones account for 66% of total e-commerce sales globally.
- Average CTRs on Android devices are nearly two times that of PCs.
- Android devices generate more sales globally, but iOS leads in the US and Europe.
- Retail, travel, automotive and classified ads account for more than 70% of mobile clicks.
- Mobile not only substitutes, but also complements desktop usage and brings additional sales. For example, purchases coming from an iPad are 16% more likely to happen on a Sunday, while sales from a desktop drop by 10% on Sundays.
- Hotel bookings, car rentals and apparel account for the highest average purchase value on mobile devices (US$364.80, US$209.10 and US$105.30, respectively).
“Every quarter we’re analysing robust mobile data from close to a billion Internet users that we leverage to offer advertisers deeper insights that can help better shape their campaigns,” said Jason Morse, VP Mobile Product at Criteo. “We’re seeing some very exciting opportunities start to emerge for advertisers in mobile right now. The fact that mobile devices are responsible for a rapidly growing share of e-commerce sales, representing millions of dollars, makes it hard for advertisers to ignore the possibilities with mobile campaigns.”
Read Criteo’s Q1 2014 Mobile Flash report here.
*comScore, March 2014