|Source: Plantronics. The Voyager 5200.|
The Bluetooth devices feature WindSmart technology, an exclusive Plantronics innovation, which ensures extraordinary wind and noise reduction. "Today's mobile professionals face the unique challenge of staying connected while still communicating clearly and confidently from extremely challenging call environments, including crowds, traffic, coffee shops, and one of the most notorious of difficult call scenarios, a windy day," said Jan Caldarella, Senior Category Director of consumer solutions with Plantronics.
"Offering an all-new approach to eliminating wind and background noise, Voyager 5200 lets you confidently focus on what you're saying rather than where you are, while delivering the comfort,
intelligence, multi-device connectivity, and ease-of-use that are the hallmarks of our Voyager line of professional communication headsets."
Plantronics WindSmart technology provides wind and noise reduction by incorporating six layers of technology to combat the entire noise ecosystem. The aerodynamic boom on the Voyager 5200 lets wind slide past without creating turbulence. The boom's windscreen acts as the first layer of protection for the mics, and then each mic is further sheltered in a 'wind box'. Four omnidirectional mics and a proprietary wind-cancelling algorithm keep the mics focused on the wearer's voice and remove disruptive noise.
All-day comfort and battery life were also top-of-mind when developing the Voyager 5200. Designed for stability and comfort on a wide range of ear shapes and sizes, it will fit 90% of people1. Up to seven hours of talk on a single charge and up to nine days in standby mode ensures the headset is always ready for use.
A protective charging case2 serves as both a handy, grab-and-go dock for recharging the headset, and provides up to an additional 14 hours of talk time on the go.
Voyager 5200 UC includes a charging case and the BT600 Class 1 USB Bluetooth adapter.
Additional benefits include:
* Easy-access, multifunction button lets you mute a call with a single touch, and allows for quick access to Siri and other smartphone Virtual Personal Assistants when the headset is idle.
* Extended Class 1 Bluetooth range lets users control up to two connected smartphones or tablets from up to 30m away.
* Responsive smart sensor technology intuitively routes call audio to your phone or headset, pauses media or rejects an incoming call when removed, and automatically answers calls as you place the headset on your ear.
* A spill- and splashproof exclusive P2i nano-coating means that conversations can continue through a light rain.
* Voice commands and audio alerts let you use your voice to answer or ignore calls, and whispered alerts give you the name of incoming callers, update you on battery level, connection status, and more. Activate voice control for smartphone assistants such as Siri with a touch of a button.
* The Plantronics Hub smartphone app for iOS and Android enables customised control of the Voyager 5200 headset from the phone. Adjust settings such as Caller ID and Mute Alert, activate Find MyHeadset to locate a misplaced headset, and manage sensor options, voice alert language and more. Business customers can also use Plantronics Manager Pro with Voyager 5200 UC to
manage settings and perform remote troubleshooting when connected through the BT600 USB connector.
Both devices will be available worldwide by July 2016.
Voyager 5200 will be available at authorised Plantronics retailers for MSRP S$199. The optional Voyager 5200 charge case has a MSRP S$69. The Voyager 5200 UC will retail for MSRP S$339.
Explore retail outlets in Asia
posted from Bloggeroid