Global Organic Dairy Products Market By Product Type, By Region, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011 - 2021 predicts that the global market for organic dairy products will grow at a CAGR of over 11% during the 2016-2021 forecast period. The forecast is based on anticipated expanding product portfolios, easy availability of organic dairy products, robust distribution networks, rising Internet penetration and aggressive marketing strategies adopted by major companies.
Organic drinking milk, organic yoghurt, organic cheese, organic butter, organic milk powder and organic probiotics are the major segments in global organic dairy products market, with organic drinking milk and organic yoghurt dominating the market, globally. However, on the back of attributes such as increasing immunity, energy, mental strength, reduction in risk of cancer and chronic fatigue and cure for irritable bowel syndrome intestinal homeostasis, demand for organic probiotics is expected to witness the fastest growth in global organic dairy products market.
Karan Chechi, Research Director with TechSci Research listed various reasons why sales of organic dairy products are up across the globe:
- Rising awareness about health benefits associated with organic dairy products,
- Increasing average household annual spending on dairy products,
- Rapid urbanisation,
- Easy accessibility of these products through retailers and online channels,
- Changing consumer preferences,
- Continuous developments in supply chain network and
- Implementation of government initiatives to encourage farmers to switch to organic farming
Organic Valley, Omsco, Whitewave, and Aurora Organic Dairy are few of the brands operating in global organic dairy products market.