|Source: Apple. The iPad Pro from Apple features what the company says is the world’s most advanced display and incredible performance.|
“These are by far the most powerful iPads we’ve ever created with the world’s most advanced displays featuring ProMotion, the powerful new A10X Fusion chip and the advanced camera system of iPhone 7,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s VP, Product Marketing at the time of the launch, on June 5. “Together with iOS 11 these new iPad Pro models will radically change what users can do with iPad.”
The new 10.5" model reduces the borders by nearly 40% and still weighs 1 pound (about 0.45 kg). Combined with new iPad features in iOS 11 coming this year, like the all-new Files app, customisable Dock, improved multitasking and deeper integration of Apple Pencil, iPad Pro gives users the ability to be even more productive and creative.
iPad Pro's redesigned Retina display features ProMotion, a new technology that delivers refresh rates up to 120Hz for fluid scrolling, greater responsiveness and smoother motion content. With ProMotion, Apple Pencil is even more responsive with an industry-best, 20-millisecond latency for even more fluid and natural drawing. ProMotion also improves display quality and reduces power consumption by automatically adjusting the display refresh rate to match the movement of the content.
The Retina display is Apple's brightest iPad display yet and features an antireflective coating. True Tone dynamically adjusts the white balance of the display to match the light around you for a more natural and accurate viewing experience and a wide colour gamut enables iPad Pro to deliver digital cinema-standard colours.
The 64-bit A10X Fusion chip provides performance that is faster than most PC laptops shipping today. A six-core CPU and 12-core GPU deliver 30% faster CPU performance and 40% faster graphics performance than the A9X chip, while delivering all-day battery life*. The iPad Pro features the same advanced front- and back-facing cameras as iPhone 7, including a 12-megapixel camera with optical image stabilisation and a 7-megapixel FaceTime HD camera, as well as a four-speaker audio system.
Support for LTE Advanced and 802.11ac Wi-Fi makes it easier to stay connected when travelling in more than 180 countries and regions.
Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard are available for purchase separately. Advanced sensors in Apple Pencil measure both pressure and tilt for a natural drawing, annotating and note-taking. A new full-sized Smart Keyboard has been custom-designed for the 10.5" iPad Pro, offering a thin yet durable keyboard that never needs to be charged or paired over Bluetooth and is foldable into a protective Smart Cover.
The new iOS 11 will include new features for the iPad, including:
- A new customisable Dock that provides quick access to frequently used apps and documents from any screen;
- Improved multitasking, including a redesigned app switcher that brings Spaces to iOS, making it easier to move between apps or pairs of active apps, used in Split View and now Slide Over;
- The new Files app that keeps everything in one place, whether files are stored locally, in iCloud Drive or across other providers like Box, Dropbox and more;
- Multi-Touch Drag and Drop, which is available across the system to move text, photos and files from one app to another, anywhere on the screen;
- A new document scanner in Notes, which lets users easily scan single or multipage documents, removes shadows and uses powerful image filters to enhance readability; and
- Deeper integration with Apple Pencil, with support for inline drawing to write along text in Notes and Mail, Instant Markup to easily sign documents, annotate PDFs or draw on screenshots, and a new Instant Notes feature, which opens Notes from the Lock Screen by simply tapping Apple Pencil on the display. New searchable handwriting makes it easy to search for handwritten text or characters.
Customers will be able to buy the 10.5" iPad Pro and 12.9" iPad Pro at all StarHub retail outlets starting June 13. View pricing details
*Battery life depends on device settings, usage and other factors. Actual results may vary.